As a core member of our satellite operations team, you will have the unique opportunity to directly control satellites that collect mission-critical data feeds for our customers.
Loft Orbital is pioneering a new framework for operating satellites at scale. You will help us develop powerful software to autonomously operate a fleet of satellites carrying multiple sensors onboard.
You will also be leading the development of several critical tools that accurately simulate the behavior of spacecraft once in orbit.
- Must be scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before.
- Be prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone.
- Enjoy working collaboratively on a small team and building large chunks of a system.
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects.
- Relevant technical education to at least Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in satellite operations, or related field.
- Thorough understanding of spacecraft onboard architectures.
- Experience in process automation, from design to development.
- Highly confortable with typical Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS) concepts.
- Solid mathematical knowledge (linear algebra, geometry).
- Advanced programming abilities in Python and C++.
- Proficiency in code testing and analysis.
- Thorough understanding of APIs and database systems (relational and document-oriented).
- Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Experience using version control systems (Git).
- Familiar with continuously integrated (CI) flows.
- Attention to detail and procedural discipline.
- Experience with orbit and attitude determination/prediction techniques.
- Familiarity with spacecraft simulation.
- Skills related to mathematical optimization problem solving.
- Experience using cloud computing services (Google Cloud, AWS).
The role includes competitive compensation package, stock options, and full benefits (healthcare, vision, dental).